Wednesday, March 12, 2014

317 : I Do Like the Sun but...

I'd like to express my extreme disgust for whomever brought forth the idea of daylight savings.  Yes, I'm sure I don't sound very intelligent with that statement, but at this moment I don't really care.  I'm sure there was a well thought out rationale as to why this is a good thing.  I'm sure that whomever came up with this idea though, was not a mother and most certainly was not a parent to small children who follow a very rigid sleep schedule.  I'm sure they did not understand that I've been using the dark to my advantage for months now and this time change is forcing me to change my story.  My oldest is getting smarter by the day, too.  He calls me out on this kind of stuff.  It was probably not considered that trying to convince little ones it was bedtime even though it was still light out would be very problematic.  Yes, I'm sure nobody thought about it from that perspective.  I am in no way suggesting that I have a better solution for maximizing the sunlight during the day.  But this solution does not seem to be jiving with my current reality of life.  It was 8:47 pm last night before my house finally went silent.  At that point I was able to make myself some dinner.  After that I was able to open my computer and resume some work that I had not been able to complete before leaving the office.  And finally, just a bit shy of 11 pm, I closed my laptop and turned on the TV for a much needed distraction.  It was nights like last night that reminded me how the parenting responsibilities fell primarily on me.  I mean, I was reminded of this daily but last night had me desperately craving more support and yet there was no simple solution to that dilemma.  We would adjust- the 3 of us- as we already had to so many changes life had served us.  But for now, I am angry with daylight savings because that feels like the real culprit.  Perhaps I will feel differently tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment