Monday, March 24, 2014

329 : New Underwear

Following my divorce, there were 2 things that I really wanted to do.  1)  Completely redo my bedroom and  2)  Buy all new underwear.  I focused on my bedroom first (see post #246 and #265).  Why?  I'm not sure.  The underwear was probably the easier of the two to tackle.  I just put it off though. There always seemed to be something else that my money was needed for.  New shoes for my boys.  Basketball class for my oldest.  You name it.  This past weekend, though, I finally treated myself to something that should have been done months ago.  All new underwear.  Owning things that were all mine with no affiliation to my Ex felt good- especially when it was underwear.  I was no longer his.  This was a new chapter.  Possibly the beginning to many more chapters to come, but a new chapter none the less.  I sang and danced around my room while I tried on every single new pair.  And then I smiled to myself knowing that another item on my check list had been complete.  New undies just in time for spring.  It felt right.

No comments:

Post a Comment