Sunday, March 16, 2014

321 : The Other Woman

I had learned a few months ago that my Ex was now living with another woman (see post #205). I wasn't pleased in the way that I found out about this, but regardless I accepted the situation for what it was almost immediately.  So he had moved onto to someone else.  Good for him.  In many ways, I was relieved to hear of this.  However, whenever I told anyone- family, friends, coworkers- they all seemed to have the same response.  Everyone felt as though I should meet this person who would now be spending time with my kids.  This person would be with MY KIDS!  Was there something wrong with me that I didn't feel this?  I mean, don't get me wrong, I was furious at the fact that my Ex wasn't forthright about living with someone when my kids went to 'their' apartment every other weekend.  But did I really want to meet her?  No, I did not.  Or rather, I should say I didn't feel I needed to meet her.  Had my Ex suggested we meet, I would've been open to that, but other than that I didn't really think about her.  My issues were with my Ex, not with her.  If anything, I think I just felt sorry for her?  I didn't know if my reaction was a sign of a deeply buried issue or if in fact it was genuinely healthy, but I truly hoped it was the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment