Friday, March 21, 2014

326 : Girl Time

This weekend I had a staycation planned with my girlfriends.  Yup.  It was true.  I was so excited to be able to complete a conversation.  To laugh.  Maybe to cry.  Hopefully not though.  Hopefully we just laughed.  We would eat.  We would be pampered.  And I would get a good wine buzz.  Not a sloppy buzz, but definitely a little I HAVE NO KIDS WITH ME THIS WEEKEND buzz.  I was craving this time with my friends like the winter needed the spring.  We had always had a close connection, all of us girls.  Life, however, had gotten so busy for everyone that there just wasn't enough time.  All of us desperately missed one another but couldn't see each other as often as we had in the past.  (My mom or sister would probably chuckle at that statement, because I was still ridiculously close with my friends, but for us it was different than what it once was.)  Everyone had their own families.  Jobs.  Husbands.  (Or not in my case:) Regardless, time seemed to be a precious commodity that nobody had.  So in an effort to keep up, we began a Thursday Top 5 email.  Now to be fair- the true weekly email check in originated with my father and his Friday morning TGIF email he had been sending to our family for the past 5 years.  So respect needed to paid to my dad.  However, I adapted this philosophy to the women in my circle and we all found it helped make us feel more connected.  Each week, someone would begin the email thread that would include the top 5 things going on with them and then everyone would respond, add, etc as the day went on.  It helped keep us together even when we couldn't be together.  Amazingly enough, we had kept it going for a good 6 months too so it was now sticking with us.  However, this weekend there would be no emails necessary.  We had reserved this time to be together and enjoy every minute of it.  I was so thankful for my girlfriends and could not wait for the weekend to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment