Friday, January 31, 2014

277 : Show Me the Money : Part 3

Is there something wrong with me that I don't think I feel any love for my Ex still?  Does this make me a bad person?  I mean, I trusted this person.  I thought it was forever with this person.  I loved him.  And now, a year later and I don't feel any love for him.  At all.  Is that wrong?  The other night, we had a money oriented conversation.  I had worried about said conversation for 3 solid days.  1 Conversation.  I was nervous about how to approach it and even more nervous about how he would receive it.  Still, I prepared.  And when we spoke that night...it went well.  Well.  It wasn't great but it was well.  I'd take it.  In fact, it felt like this was a milestone.  I had a difficult conversation with no emotion behind it.  I felt like that was another milestone.  I felt no anger.  I wasn't hurt.  I addressed my Ex like a business parter; direct and to the point.  And he responded as though he received it that way!!!!  Touchdown!  And then, the best part of all was that after we spoke, I called my parents to let them know it went well and then I didn't think about it again that night.  A HUGE milestone!

We agreed to a shared google document that tracked all commission activity.  It would be better for both of us to have a record and a shared reference was even better.  He said he was going to meet his obligations financially.  And I believed that was his intention.  We had many years ahead of us where things could change.  But for now, I was thankful we had established a reasonable method of tracking this and neither of us were put off by the conversation.  That was certainly progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment