Monday, January 20, 2014

266 : Enjoy the Perks

I'm not sure how often you my loyal readers travel for work, but I never do.  That's why when the opportunity came up, I jumped at the chance.  Let's be clear, this was not a vacation- it was a work trip.  But I'm such a nerd.  I've never been on production before and I was easily excited.  On my way to LA, I was upgraded to business class.  I was giddy over the space I had on the plane- I might as well have been traveling to Australia.  My seat reclined flat- yes flat- to a sleeping position.  I had movies and shows onDemand on the screen immediately in front of me.  As a single mom, who had little time to relax, that plane ride alone was incredible.  I watched 3 episodes of The Mindy Project and literally laughed out loud while I leisurely laid in my seat.  (Side note: I had never seen that show prior to the flight but I actually think it's funny).  After arriving at the hotel, we went to meet the judges of the photo contest we were filming.  Now I will say it again- I'm a nerd, but I was completely star struck.  All four of these judges were young, talented photographers and I felt like I was a child wanting to hang out with the cool kids.  Fortunately, they were all super nice, too.  When I got back to my room there was a bag of goodies from the production house- and I mean a ridiculous amount of lavish goodies-not just a bag of chips that you get as a wedding favor.  I had to admit, the perks were nice.  I didn't get to do this all that often - EVER- so I was going to enjoy it all while I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment