Friday, January 24, 2014

270 : I've Got An Angel...

I returned from LA Tuesday evening after being out of town for 5 days (see post #268).  I barely had time to unpack my suitcase, let alone relax before going back to work.  When I finally did get around to unpacking, I created 3 rather large piles of laundry which didn't move an inch from my floor because I knew I'd have the weekend to do it all.  I was tired from being on a different time zone for the previous 5 days.  I was also tired because I had jumped right back into work, then jumped right back into being at home.  Both of my boys were extra clingy in response to my absence over the previous 5 days, and it seemed like work was also demanding given I had been gone.  Last night I rushed home to grab both of my boys and head straight to the doctor for my youngest son's 18 month check up.  And that's when I saw it.  All three large piles of laundry that had accumulated on my floor where now washed and perfectly folded like a gap store.  The piles were sitting beautifully at the edge of my bed.  My Nanny.  I don't know how she did it.  I never asked this of her.  And I certainly never expected it.  In fact, my door was usually kept closed.  She had seen it though, and she had wanted to help.  I immediately gushed in gratitude - I could not believe what a relief this was to have it all done.  She dismissed the gesture as though it was nothing, but I know that she knew what it really meant.  It had been more than a gift.  She was an angel - my angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment