Monday, August 5, 2013

99 : Good Things Will Come

Well I may not have won the Powerball yet, (see post # 97) but something good still came my way.  My nephew.  My brother and his wife welcomed their first child this morning, a healthy baby boy.  They resided across the country in California, while the rest of our family was in the midwest.  But my brother was so cute about keeping us all informed.  He sent the text that they were at the hospital.  He kept us updated about their progress, complimenting his wife throughout the whole thing.  He stayed up all night in nervous anticipation.  And then as soon as the baby arrived, he texted picture after picture.  While it was killing me to not be closer to immediately meet the little guy, I could feel the love and pride oozing out of my brother despite the distance.  It made my day.  Not only to hear of my nephew's safe arrival but also to witness my brother so completely enamored with his new son.  Yes, good things continued to come every day.  And I knew that even more would come.  I would just keep on keeping on and things would all work out as they should.


No comments:

Post a Comment