Thursday, August 29, 2013

123 : You're Doing a Damn Good Job

I'm fried this week.  The first week of school.  The post vacation week. The work is insane week.  The my Ex Husband isn't helping at all week.  Perhaps it's just the perfect storm of situations all lining up but I couldn't deny that it was stressful, overwhelming and exhausting.  I called my friend Nikki tonight to talk through it.  And she definitely made me feel better.  (Thank you, Nikki!)  She helped me process everything and put a plan together for the weekend.  After that conversation I called my mom and explained again the stress of my first week back at work since our vacation.  She listened while I rattled off in great detail about every single thing that was stressing me out.  And then she said

You're doing a damn good job.

She made me repeat it to her out loud.  It was stressful.  It was overwhelming.  And it was exhausting.  But everyone felt that on occasion.  Even those with partners.  I was doing a damn good job right now and I just had to keep on keeping on.  It wouldn't always be this hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment