Thursday, August 8, 2013

102 : Take the Help

The other week, my boys caught a nasty virus and were down for a couple days.  While I had plans lined up for the weekend, this immediately wiped those off the calendar.  We had been planning to go out to my friend's new house in the burbs.  Our kids got a long perfectly, and it would be a nice escape for me as well.  And then the boys got sick and I couldn't expose others to this or risk my own kids getting worse.  This would make for a long weekend when there was nothing on the docket so naturally, I began to panic.  Coincidentally, my mother had been in town visiting and I happened to express to her my anxiety about the upcoming weekend.  I really hadn't expected her to stay with me through the weekend, I was just vocalizing my concern and she happened to be there.  But of course in hearing my fears,  she offered to stay to help me. I suppose that technically I didn't need her to stay, but I wanted her too.  It would be easier and far more enjoyable to have her here.  I just wanted a little help.  So when I got the offer, I took it.

No comments:

Post a Comment