Wednesday, August 7, 2013

101 : Put Family First

My apologies.  My cousin was in town visiting last night from Seattle and I lost track of time.  No, we did not go out and get totally hammered (although the thought did cross my mind).  Instead we hung out at my apartment, split a bottle of wine and had a couple hours of wonderful, fresh conversation.  She was a good seed (well of course she was- we were cut from the same cloth, right?)  Despite our minor age difference, her perspective and self assurance reminded me of myself at a younger age (and I mean that in the most complimentary way possible to both of us.)  She told me how she had always admired me- my confidence, my independence, my professional success.  She reminded me, that I was still that person, which was nice to hear.   Don't worry, it wasn't all about me.  She had some fun updates to share with me on her life as well.  Anyway, when I finally called her a cab to take her back to her hotel, I learned it was much MUCH later than I had originally thought, therefore leaving me no time to deliver on my post.  I realized that my choices earlier in the night to prioritize my family over my blog was inspiration enough to note.  I knew my 50,000 followers would be craving a little more today (okay, so 50,000 was that reaching a bit) but my message remained the same.  I put my family first.  And the payoff was worth the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment