Friday, August 23, 2013

117 : Get Divorced

Well, today was the day. I'd thought about this day (and post) for months and now that it was here, I didn't really feel anything. I was certainly not happy about the situation but I was no longer sad. If anything, I think I just felt sorry for my Ex -not that he deserved it- but just the same that's how I felt. I thought about him standing alone in the courtroom while I enjoyed my final day in San Diego surrounded by my family. I thought about how neither of my sons had referenced their dad once in the week that we'd been on vacation and how that wasn't even abnormal. I thought about how much he'd missed out on with his kids- how rapidly they were growing and changing each day. This was truly his loss and after months of processing everything I could see that now more clearly than ever. So it was finally official- I was divorced. I had survived it all and I was just fine. I would continue to be just fine. Cheers to the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment