Saturday, August 24, 2013

118 : Try Something New

While on vacation, I was able to get out and try something new: paddle boarding.  I had been interested in trying this for a while having seen all the stars doing it in my US Weekly every month.  My sister was game and after securing a groupon (score!) we made plans to ditch our kids one morning and give it a whirl.  We headed to Mission Bay and stopped at the surf shop to pick up our boards and some tips.  The place was a little sketchy, but this was San Diego - life moved at a slower pace around here:) We walked through the alley to get to the bay and within a few minutes we were off.  It was the perfect day - the sun was out, there was a nice breeze - the temperature just perfect for being on the water.  It took us a little while to get the hang of it (due to the direction of the wind, every motion just seemed to turn us in circles) but we got there.  And I only bit it 3 times...yes my sister didn't fall at all (hey- if you don't fall then you are trying hard enough!). It was a great morning.  Getting out and trying something new felt right as I was starting my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment