Sunday, August 25, 2013

119 : Say Thank You

I just wanted to say thank you to my family for a wonderful vacation.  I want to say thank you for helping to get me and my boys out there, both physically and financially.  I want to thank you for finding such an awesome house and for the good meals and stocked beer all week. I want to thank my nephews and my nieces for playing with my kids and making me laugh every day (Alex especially!)  I want to thank my newest nephew, Kingston, for being so frickin' cute that I can't hep but smile when I see him.  I want to thank my mom for letting me sleep in every morning while my kids woke up around or before 5 am PST (and staying up with my younger son from 12-2 one night- the time difference really threw us off!) Thank you to everyone for  letting me get in a couple naps in the afternoon, too. I am returning home feeling very rested. I want to thank everyone for letting me partake in a few too many adult beverages the evening of my divorce without any judgement and for providing IB Profen the next day without any hazing.  I want to thank you all for all the things you didn't say but that I felt just being around you and knowing how loved and supported I was.  I cry every time I part ways with my family after being together for a while.  I've been doing this for as long as I can remember.  And this morning was no different.  But it's not that I am just sad (I mean, yes, I get sad when things end)  it's more that I am in awe of what a wonderful family I have.  I know how lucky I am and it makes me get emotional.  Every time.  Thank you to all of you.  I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment