Thursday, August 15, 2013

109 : Watch ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK

While this may sound strange, even my television choices were sometimes painful after my husband left me.  There were certain shows that had been 'ours'.  I still watched them to fill my time (see post #20) but there was always that association to him.  This was something we had watched together.  This was our show.  Since we were no longer together, it hurt to be reminded of that.  More recently, a friend told me to check our 'Orange is the New Black' on Netflix.  I watched 2 episodes and was immediately hooked.  It was the first time in 8 months, that I had actually gotten into a new series that was solely mine.  It was liberating!  I felt like I was taking ownership of my life in a new- and admittedly very tiny- way.  But it was ownership none the less.  This was just further proof that I was moving on, and it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment