Tuesday, August 20, 2013

114 : Head to the Cliffs


I was able to enjoy something the other day that I was rarely able to experience: time to myself. I was on vacation with my sons and entire family but I was still able to sneak in a little "me" time.  My youngest was napping, my oldest was occupied by Nana, so I put on my running shoes for a little run to start my day. It began a little comical - the streets in Ocean Beach were very hilly and I found myself challenged by the upward route.  I caught myself thinking- Really? After the year I've had, another upward climb? I'm trying to do something good for myself, give me a break!  But I kept on, even though my run had turned into more of a walk. I made my way up the hill, around the corner and before I knew it, I could see the ocean.  I kept on, making my way down to sunset cliffs. I'm not sure if it was a sign or just complete coincidence, but the Bob Segar song on Pandora suddenly felt like it was speaking directly to me...

Roll, roll me away, 
I'm gonna roll me away tonight 
Gotta keep rollin, gotta keep ridin', 
Keep searchin' till I find what's right 
And as the sunset faded 
I spoke to the faintest first starlight 
And I said next time 
Next time 
We'll get it right

I have no idea what that song is about- I don't know if I've even liked it before that moment. But I would forever be a fan after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment