Sunday, August 11, 2013

105 : Believe

This past June, I was out with some friends on a Friday night enjoying a little happy hour.  It was shortly after the Blackhawks had won the Stanley Cup, and we were talking about how another friend of ours was planning to 'chase the cup' that whole weekend.  Of the three of us, none of us could understand this mentality.  I'm not a huge hockey fan, but I could admit it was sweet when your city won anything.  Just as we were discussing the Stanley Cup- that very moment, it appeared in front of us.  The coach, Joel Quenneville, entered the bar and raised the cup as the crowd erupted.  As I just admitted, I have never been a huge hockey fan, but this was awesome.  We followed the cup around the corner for a minute and then back.  It was a short little parade.  And then it took a spot at one of the tables in the bar for people to admire closer and get their picture taken with it.  I turned to my friends and screamed, I BELIEVE!  (To this day, we still laugh about that).  It was so crazy though.  We had just been talking about it and suddenly it appeared.  I believed it was a sign.  I didn't know what the sign necessarily was telling me yet, but I still believed.


No comments:

Post a Comment