Sunday, August 4, 2013

98 : Enjoy Where You Are in the Moment

Live in the present and enjoy where you are in the moment.  This was important to remember  for anyone on a journey to find happiness (Yes, I just used the word 'journey' and I do cringe slightly in saying that.  Chris Harrison has ruined it for me but it makes sense here!)   Seriously though, it was so easy to put a condition on your happiness.  Things will be better when we have more money.  Things will be better when I have a bigger place to live.  Things will be better when...(insert here).  Things could always be better.  But life was still moving forward every day and it was important to remember that and live in the moment before it slipped away.  Just the other day, I had told my mom how the next 4 things I wanted in my life were a house, a dog, a husband and a little girl.  I didn't even care what order they came in (I could adopt a little girl from China on my own!)  But even as I said it, I kind of laughed to myself because I knew how ridiculous it sounded.  I was doing just fine for myself and you know what?  I was happy.  We had enjoyed a wonderful morning.  I woke up well rested and ready to start the day.  We went over to Lincoln Park and took a long walk around the Nature Boardwalk.  Then we went to the zoo.  The weather was absolutely perfect - not too hot, not too cold,  and the sun was shining down on us.  We had a picnic lunch in the Lincoln Park Conservatory Garden.  And then on our way back to the car, we stopped at the Green City Market to listen to some musicians jam for a few minutes.  It was literally such a pleasant morning.  And I took it all in.  I still had no idea what my future looked like but instead of worrying about that, I would just enjoy where I was right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment