Monday, August 26, 2013

120 : It Could Always Be Worse

I saw an old friend while I was out in California.  She too had recently gone through a divorce and so the two of us met up for a drink one night with more in common than ever.  The details of our situations were completely different, but there was something comforting in being around someone who had been through it.  Although she had made it through the official legal divorce, my friend continued to have problems with her Ex post divorce.  It was so unfair, she was a great girl and deserved so much better.  I began to feel stressed just in listening to her, so much so, that I found myself feeling almost relieved at my own situation.  Yes, I found myself feeling relieved.  Kind of crazy, huh?  As much as the past year had sucked for me, I was reminded that things could always be worse.  In fact, by comparison, I didn't even have it that bad.  I had made it through the divorce.  My Ex and I were on decent terms.  I was moving forward.  Yes, things could always be worse. I would remember this as I moved forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment