Saturday, April 19, 2014

355 : Celebrate Life!

You may think the title of this post is somehow related to Easter.  Well, sadly no.  It's just a total coincidence that this post happens to fall on the same weekend the world celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  What I am celebrating more is the fact that I actually have a life this weekend.  I have time to myself.  A weekend to myself!!  Woo Hoo!  This might seem a little silly.  When I got divorced, I was initially terrified of the weekends without my kids.  But soon enough I embraced them.  I looked forward to the freedom of sleeping in as late as I wanted, eating whatever I wanted, doing whatever I wanted!  It was the most amazing gift for a single working mom.  TIME.  So this weekend was the first time I had actually had a weekend to myself in 7 weeks.  It had been non stop for almost 2 months- plans that included both friends and family.  And don't get me wrong, I loved my friends and family but all that time with others only made me more excited for that time for myself.  It was worth celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment