Friday, February 28, 2014

305 : Bring Sexy Back

It's interesting to me, the timing in which my Ex chose to leave me.  I have probably touched on this in other posts, but let's be honest- this is post #305, I may be forgetting a few areas I've already hit!  (I am juggling a lot these days, so bare with me!)  Okay, back to the timing.  The timing was interesting because it happened to be right when I was just beginning to feel the happiest, sexiest and most together I had felt in years.  I just had my second child.  I was doing much better both physically and mentally than I was after my first baby.  I won't go as far as to say it was easier the second time around, but I do feel I had adjusted quicker after my second baby.  And I had gone from 1 child, to 2 children pretty seamlessly.  I had lost weight through conscious discipline (see post #18) and was feeling good about my body and how I looked.  And right as I was hitting my stride here was when my Ex acknowledged to me that he was not happy.  Our marriage quickly dissipated after that as you all know, and it left me feeling very uncertain about myself amongst other things.  How could one feel wanted or desirable when their husband left them (and - just speculating here- left them for another woman?)  It was a tough pill to swallow.  A very, VERY tough pill to swallow.  I was a confident person for sure, but the situation definitely shook me up.  It was important to feel wanted.  To feel desired.  Everyone needed this on some level, right? I wanted to channel that feeling again; the feeling I had just before our split where I had felt the happiest, sexiest and most together that I had felt in years.  It took me many months of soul searching, blogging, therapy (see post #7), yoga (see post #9), quality time with my kids and overall personal reflection to realize one thing.  I still liked who I was.  I loved the person I was, in fact.  That truth right there made me feel good again.  I began to walk with a bit more confidence.  I began to feel wanted again.  Desirable.  Sexy!  I was the real deal!  I did not need my Ex (or any man for that matter) to feel that way.  (Sure, attention from men helped, but I did not need it.)  I physically felt sexy, yes, but for me it was more than that.  I had returned to a state of mind where I felt good about the core of who I was.  Life could only get better from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment