Friday, February 14, 2014

291 : All You Need is Love

Love is a very funny thing.  It can fill you up.  It can beat you down.  It can conquer all (or so they say).  I no longer felt love of any sort for my Ex.  Yet somehow, my heart was still bursting full.  Not every moment of every single day, but most days, and especially on my good days- I felt my heart was full of love.  The main reason for this?  Or should I say the two main reasons for this?  My sons.  They somehow had moved in and filled that void that can been created in my heart.  I just adored them.  They were so cute.  Funny.  Innocent.  I knew that they were the reason that many days I felt happy...thankful...content.  While I wanted to meet someone new for myself, there was nothing motivating me to do so.  Because someone already had my heart- and for now that felt like enough.  It's not that I wasn't ready- that wasn't the case.  I think it was more that I didn't feel the need at the moment.  Was this a bad thing?  Longterm, probably yes.  But for now, and especially on Valentine's Day of all days, it was enough and I was going to enjoy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment