Wednesday, February 26, 2014

303 : It's Become Very Clear

It had recently become very clear that it was time for me to find a new place to live.  I mean, it had been clear for a while but now it was really clear.  The multiple malfunctions at the apartment had all been signs that it was time.  My double stroller was stolen over the holidays.  And then a pipe in my bathroom froze (and eventually burst).  Then the oven broke.  (I smelled gas, called People's Energy and they disconnected it for fear of an "explosion").  It took nearly a month to get a new working oven.  And finally, last night there was a bathroom incident that I won't go into specifics on, but let's just say the message was crystal clear.  It was time to get out!  I had gone to see 3 houses in the past 2 weeks.  None of which were the one yet, but my slow 'just getting familiar with what's out there' search had turned into a genuine desire to take that next step.  It was good to remind myself of this.  I had felt lost for so many months and now everything happening was giving me a sense of direction.  I knew where I wanted to go next!  Now I still needed to get there, but I knew where I was going.  That was more than I could say a year ago, 6 months ago, 3 months ago or even 1 month ago.  I felt thankful and relieved to have that moment of clarity.  And now onto my house hunt...

No comments:

Post a Comment