Thursday, February 27, 2014

304 : Some Good Advice

To all the divorced folk out there who have kids with an Ex, here is a piece of advice.  Don't communicate with your Ex in person.  Or rather, limit the in person exchanges to the basics.  Hello.  How were the kids? Is there anything about the kids I need to know?  Good bye.  Any issues or logistical agreements that need to be made should occur via email or phone.  Why?  Just trust me on this one.  I had not implemented this policy yet, but after last night that was my new plan.  I attempted to address something in person with my Ex and it went horribly wrong.  Truth be told, I normally exercised so much restraint with him that once it began to slide off the tracks, I continued to push.  (Come on, I was pissed!  I couldn't be cool every moment of every day.)  Lesson learned.  From now on, it would be the bare minimum when we saw each other and the rest would be determined over email.  Or so I would try...

No comments:

Post a Comment