Tuesday, December 31, 2013

246 : Fresh Start

For many months now, I'd been wanting to redo my bedroom.  It was like a college room and it had been for years.  Mix matched furniture and an old school bed frame that still squeaked when you rolled over at night.  I wanted an adult room.  I had hoped my Ex and I would invest in a nice bedroom furniture set.  That was the next big thing on my list.  The next big thing for him was a divorce.  It's too bad we couldn't have used that divorce money towards furniture because it would've been quite a nice set!  But I digress.  The divorce happened for a reason as I've spent the past year realizing and I was now ready to create the room I alone had always wanted.  I had held off all this time because I was worried about spending the money.  The divorce had certainly eaten into my savings and had left me feeling a little more strapped than I liked.  But I didn't have debt so I had that going for me.  And then during the holidays, I received an email one day that West Elm was having an incredible sale and I felt obligated to look at their site.  Sure enough, there was a bed frame that I wanted immediately and a duvet cover and a new sheet set.  I had waited long enough.  It was time.  I pretty much just bought the entire room pictured on their site.  The rest of the furniture would come, I was only going to start with the bedding and the new frame, but it was enough.  I was so excited.  It would be all new.  All mine.  And just in time for the new year.  I could not wait for everything to arrive.


No comments:

Post a Comment