Sunday, December 15, 2013

230 : He Will Figure it Out

There was a phrase that I found myself saying quite often as it related to my Ex Husband.  He Will Figure it Out.  No, I am not referring to how awesome I am and what a huge mistake he made (although that was true).  I am talking about how to guide him as it related to our kids.  Or rather not guide him.  Our kids were so young.  And his time with them was quite limited.  He didn't know all the nuances like I did living with them and seeing them on a daily basis.  At first when we separated, there was a big part of me that wanted to share every detail with him.  Not that my intention was to TELL him how to parent, but I did want to help him.  I worried that since our partnership had ended that he would not be as familiar with what they liked or needed.  But I realized this way of thinking would not be productive for any of us.  He no longer wanted my help and support (nor did he deserve it!).  I could tell my kids were happy when they were with him.  That's all that mattered.  I just had to surrender to the fact that they would be okay.  It would've made me crazy to think anything else.  He would figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment