Thursday, December 12, 2013

228 : A Note to Myself

I'm so mad at myself tonight.  Another Wednesday come and gone with little to show for it.  I've preached before about making the most of your time.  Enjoying time to yourself.  Go workout.  I even got in a rather large spat with my Ex about needing this time.  And yet, tonight, I didn't even take advantage of it.  Wednesdays were always the night my Ex had the kids.  In the fall, spring and summer this was no big deal.  I would run errands, go to yoga, be outside, meet a friend for a drink.  But in the cold, dead of winter, I was a complete slug.  I had Christmas shopping to do tonight.  I had work I could've gotten ahead on.  I had blogs to write.  I had friends I could meet up with.  I even had a massage I could've scheduled.  But what did I do?  I killed time.  I window shopped without buying anything that I needed.  I went to Target with a list of a couple of legitimate things I needed for the holidays and had no luck.  And then I did the worst thing of all- I walked leisurely through the clothing aisles just trying to find something to purchase!  How was this in any way productive?  I knew better!?!  From here on out, I WILL make plans on Wednesday nights.  I will pack my yoga clothes every week, even when it's 1 degree outside and a windchill of 7 below.  I will push myself to do something for myself on those nights because not only do I need it, I deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment