Thursday, December 5, 2013

221 : Well At Least We Can Still Laugh

Wednesdays were my Ex's night with the kids.  Every Wednesday.  He would come to my house and I wasn't allowed home until after 7.  It was a strange thing because on Mondays and Tuesdays, I often felt rushed to leave work and get home.  Then Wednesdays, when I actually had the time to do whatever I needed, I was extremely anxious to get home.  I'm sure this week in particular I felt that way, because we were just now starting to get back in our groove after Thanksgiving.  But it was still his night, so I had to occupy myself until after the 7:00 hour.  I attempted to stick around work, but randomly our company email was down, so there wasn't much to do there.  So when a few coworkers invited me to join them for a drink and I willingly agreed.  I enjoyed 2 beers and then headed home to where my Ex was waiting.  We had a couple things to catch up on with the boys, money, logistics- there always seemed to be something to cover.  Our conversation was easy and fortunately there was nothing contentious to go over that night.  And then all of a sudden out of the blue, I farted.  Not just a silent fart, but a full on unexpected noticeable fart.  I wasn't someone who had gas problems, or farted publicly, either.  I was typically rather private about such matters.  Perhaps it was the beer?  I wasn't sure, but clear as day there had been a loud fart that we both heard.  Without delay, we both immediately erupted in laughter.  I couldn't remember a time in the past when this had happened before?  There was nothing to say, as soon as the laughter stopped, it started again.  The best part was that I didn't even feel the least bit embarrassed.  I probably should have, but after everything we had been through there was no reason.  We finished our topics and he took off.  And even after he left, I caught myself laughing about it out loud again.  Oh life.  If you couldn't find the humor, than what was the point?

No comments:

Post a Comment