Tuesday, December 3, 2013

219 : Something is Wrong with Me

I woke up the other morning and made my coffee as per the usual routine.  And then suddenly I broke into the cupboard and got a cookie.  At 6:10 in the morning.  Yes, I had made the mistake of baking homemade cookies the other day while getting in the in the Christmas spirit.  They were for the kids!  But who was I kidding, it was usually me that ended up eating them.  Just not typically at 6:10 in the morning.  It did taste especially delicious with my coffee though.  Just 1 year ago, I had been aggressively doing weight watchers to lose the last of my baby weight (see post #18) and then my husband told me he was unhappy in our marriage.  I was unable to sleep and completely lost my appetite.  For like 2 months.  Now I'm about to reveal something more personal than I have ever to date on this blog.  One year ago, I weighed almost 10 pounds less than I do at this exact moment.  10 pounds!  I will deny that should I ever be questioned on it, but that is the truth.  I remember the number on the scale because when I saw it, I recounted cynically that at least there was 1 good thing in my life.  And now I was sleeping well at night and eating cookies for breakfast. What was wrong with me?  How did the saying go- better to be fat and happy than to be...?  Was that even a saying?  I decided to have 1 more cookie and then it would be time to hop in the shower.


No comments:

Post a Comment