Monday, December 16, 2013

231 : Read the Signs

Recently I attended a group meditation and reiki session.  I had received reiki one time previously (see post #194) but never in a group session.  This was not something I ever would have thought to do on my own.  I had a friend who was introducing me to these new energy healing techniques and let's face it - I could use all the good energy there was available to me.  And so I went.  We began with a guided meditation.  The host talked us through it and at the end she asked us what - if anything - we received from it.  I felt slightly unsure of what to say in front of everyone.  I had certainly felt at peace during the mediation, but couldn't say I had 'received' anything.  For the next segment, my friend and the host went around the room giving reiki to everyone.  I sat back, shut my eyes and shut my mind off.  My friend suggested we set our intentions before they began.  The new year was approaching.  It was time to start fresh.  I took this to heart.  I knew what I wanted for the new year.  I wanted to grow more comfortable in my new life.  I wanted to understand what direction I was going in.  I wanted to trust that my internal compass would work again one day.  I put these thoughts out there as my intentions and sat silently with my eyes shut waiting to received whatever good energy would come my way.  The final exercise was a card selection.  The host fanned the cards out in front of each of us and we selected one. My turn came and I drew my card.

ACCEPTANCE
Please help me accept that everything is going in the right direction.

Wow.  I could not think of a more appropriately matched card for me.  Especially at that moment.  I had just set my intentions (not out loud, just in my head) focused on direction.  It could've just been a strange coincidence but I took it to be a sign.  I was where I was supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment