Tuesday, December 17, 2013

232 : And the Support Continues

The other day, I received quite an unexpected package in the mail.  It was from my Ex Husband's aunt and uncle.  Oddly enough, I had never met them as they lived in another state.  However, over the past couple years, we formed a relationship communicating via email.  It started when we got engaged.  They were so thoughtful and good about reaching out.  There were showers and gifts and eventually a pregnancy with more showers and gifts. I had always been good about sending out pictures- his aunt certainly appreciated this.  Our communication had ceased over the past year- from my end, I didn't really know what to say and I wasn't even sure if they were aware of what was happening.  And then one day, the package.  I opened it up thinking it was probably a Christmas package for my kids and was surprised to see a single wrapped gift with a card addressed to me.  I opened the card first.  His aunt had been thinking about me daily.  She was shocked and saddened when she heard my Ex had wanted a divorce.  She felt like even though we had never met, she had emailed with me more in the past couple years than anyone else in the family and wanted to continue our relationship.  She let me know that they were there for me if I ever needed anything and I was always welcome to visit.  I was very surprised to receive such a letter and almost felt tears coming on as I read it.  Here was someone who I had never even met who could see the situation for what it was and was by my side for support.  I felt loved, understood and validated in that moment.  I opened the gift after reading the card and found a 2014 inspirational calendar.  Not a cheesy, religious type, but just an overall feel good, positive calendar.  It was so very thoughtful.  I was reminded once again that there were people in my court.  I felt blessed and thankful to feel the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment