Friday, May 31, 2013

33 : Do Something a Little Crazy

Okay, so everyone's 'a little crazy' is different.  Mine is very PG rated as my blog has been so far (come on, my mom is my biggest fan!)  But still readers- bear in mind what your personal limitations are and proceed accordingly.  My something crazy was very innocent.  I was talking to Megs one night about who I would date in the future.  It was one of those totally fictional conversations- obviously- my husband had just left me and I was trying to do whatever I could to stay positive!  We sorted through names of men from our past, we touched on celebrities of interest and then somehow we started talking about a guy who was once on The Bachlorette.  Yes, I can admit it- I had a crush on one of the guys from The Bachlorette.  We began brainstorming about all the ways I could attract his attention and make him fall madly in love with me.  I mean, I had never met this guy and he lived in another state but surely he would want to date me, right?  Who wouldn't want a (SKINNY!) recent divorcĂ©e, mother of two in her late 30's? We got off the phone that night and agreed to continue our strategizing later.  The next day, I found myself thinking about it again.  There must be a way to get to this guy.  He had to be on online somewhere.  Maybe I could find him that way?  Bingo!  One quick search and there he was.  I send a friend request without hesitation and instantly felt that nervousy/excited feeling you got in the 7th grade when an 8th grade boy thought you were cute.  Day 1- no response.  Day 2 - still nothing.  Day 3 - okay so maybe this was a little crazy, right?  Day 4 - I didn't really think I'd hear from him, did I?  Day 5 - How many days has it been?  I'm not counting.  So, I stopped counting.  And then one morning I woke up to find that my request had been accepted.  HOLY SMOKES!  He accepted my request.  At 11 something on a Saturday night, too.  He was looking at me online on a Saturday night!!  Now I should add here that I am a bit of a social media virgin so while this may not seem like a big deal to all you face bookers, tweeters, my spacers, you tubers, gamers and chat room people- this was a big deal for me.  Yippy!  I have a new contact!  To be cool, I waited a while (maybe a day) before reaching out to him directly.  I sent him a very innocent, but cute and flirty email introducing myself.  It was short and sweet but also playful and witty. (I know it was all of those things because I read it to Megs before I sent it and she totally agreed).  And then I waited.  Within the hour he responded.  His response was shorter than mine but he acknowledged me (a complete stranger) and was nice and made a joke.  That was it.  That was all.  That was my something crazy.  Just a little mild flirtation with a total stranger who lives in another state that I will never probably meet or talk to again. But it was fun and gave me a little boost.  It gave me the butterflies for that 30 seconds that I saw his response pop up in my inbox.  That was enough for me.  Still got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment