Wednesday, May 8, 2013

10 : Find a Theme Song and Sing Your Heart Out

Anyone who has ever gone through a breakup most definitely can appreciate the theme song.  For years my song was Coldplay's Warning Sign (Laura knows!).  I could listen to it on repeat for hours on end.  I thought I was depressed at the time about someone who when I really think back about it, meant very little to me.  How funny life is sometimes.  Another theme song I had in the past was Beck's Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes.  Thinking about it now, I can say that was actually pathetic because I barely even knew that guy but at the time I was certain he was the one.  This time was different though.  This wasn't just some guy that I had dated.  This was my husband.  The father of my kids.  The one person who was supposed to be there for me through everything.  And he wasn't. I needed a theme song! I didn't want my theme song to be one of Taylor Swifts.  I really didn't.  But come on.  Her songs are catchy.  How can you go through a painful divorce and not enjoy singing WE ARE NEVER EVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER at the top of your lungs?  Just try avoiding one of her tunes on the radio, too.  I'm not proud that it was my song, but I can't deny I enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment