Friday, May 24, 2013

26 : Follow your Own Advice

Well, someone is actually reading my blog because the other day my advice was given back to me.  My boys were going to be with their dad on the weekend, so I made some fun plans for Saturday night.  I was going to actually go out- which was a treat for me, since I was usually at home with my kiddos.  Alone.  But then Saturday came, and I was woken up at 5:30 AM.  I spent the majority of the morning in a power struggle with a 2 year old.  It was one of those less than glamorous days of motherhood where you remind yourself that you love your kids but you simply have no patience.  I was feeling tired.  In addition to the kids, I just was in a bit of a funk.  You know, the type of day when you don't like anything you have in your closet, you feel irritable for no apparent reason and you can't deny it- you are just cranky.  As the day went on, I began to consider cancelling my plans for that night.  I just wasn't feeling it.  I reached out to a friend to tell her how I was feeling and she totally called me out.

Follow your own 365 rule and Say Yes (see post #4)

Fair enough.  I pulled myself together and went forward with my plans.  And who would've guessed it- I actually had a really fun night.

No comments:

Post a Comment