Friday, May 17, 2013

19 : Watch Silver Linings Playbook

I saw this movie when it was in the theater and I liked it immediately.  It’s just one of those movies that is easy to like no matter where you are in your life.  It has depth.  It’s funny.  I don’t remember what my mental state exactly was when I first saw the movie, but I’m sure it wasn’t great. When I left, I knew I wanted to watch it again.  So finally it came out on DVD (OnDemand- does anyone actually rent DVDs anymore?) I rented it and again was quickly drawn in.  I’m embarrassed to say that I watched the movie 4 times (count ‘em – 4!) in the 48 hour window that I had it.  The two main characters were just so intriguing.  They were way more f**ked up than I was.  But something about their pain was so raw and so real. They were lost.  Hurt.  Broken.  And yet relatable.  While their situations were totally different than my own, to see these people hurting felt somehow familiar.  I was comforted.  I was not alone.  Now I know these are fictional characters but I still felt something from them.  There was a line that Bradley Cooper’s character delivered– it’s a silver development.  I loved that.  It wasn’t a silver lining yet, but it was on it’s way. I would keep that one moving forward.  Excelsior!

No comments:

Post a Comment