Sunday, May 26, 2013

28 : Get Older

Well Happy Birthday to me.  Another year older and none the wiser.  I wish I could say that I understood why my marriage fell apart.  I wish I could say that I didn't try hard enough or give it my everything.  But I can't say that, because it just isn't true.  I'm not suggesting I am perfect by any means, I know that I'm far from that.  What I do know is that I was honest about who I was and what I wanted when I entered in my marriage.  I know I had an open heart.  I know that I didn't change my intentions and I know I gave everything I had.  I was willing to compromise.  I was selfless.  I was loyal.  I loved deeply.

And I know I would do it again.  The same way.

Yes…as scary as it is to say, I would do it again.  I only hope that next time it will be with someone who will do the same for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment