Saturday, May 18, 2013

20 : Get Revenge

Come on, you know me better than that by now, don't you? This is a positive blog!

After my husband moved out, I realized I had a lot more 'alone time' than I was accustomed to.  Sure, when life is busy you crave that time for yourself.  But when it appears out of nowhere, it can be a little overwhelming.  I was used to having a partner around.  Someone to talk to at night. Eat dinner with. Share the stories of my day. Yes, I had two kids who were excellent company for me.  But it definitely wasn't the same as having adult interaction.  My little guys were in bed early, and while that was nice in some ways, it made the evenings very long.  Aside from the occasional phone call from my mom or a friend- it was just me, myself and I. So, I did what anyone would do in that situation.  I began binge watching TV shows.  Revenge Season 1.  Friday Night Lights.  Parenthood.  Breaking Bad.  Downtown Abby.  Homeland (it's next- just waiting for it to come to Netflix!)  I could burn through a whole season in a matter of a week (okay, in some cases a couple days).  I'm not sure that this was the healthiest of habits to get into, but zoning out and forgetting about my life for a while felt good.  I enjoyed escaping by way of the shows because it distracted me from my personal drama.  I had something to look forward to at night.  For the first time in a while, I wasn't constantly analyzing everything.  And that alone made it worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment