Thursday, May 23, 2013

25 : Celebrate What's to Come

Today would have been my 4 year wedding anniversary. 4 years! And now it was just a day like any other. No kiss good morning. No I love you. Not even a card. We were getting a divorce. How was this even possible when we had just said 'I do' only 4 years ago? I should have felt sad, and I did to a certain extent. I was sad that our marriage failed. I was sad that I would be reminded of this every year, on this day, for the rest of my life. But I began to think about the past 4 years...what had happened beyond just getting married. Life had happened. Some good, some bad, some expected, some completely unpredictable. At least life was consistent in that way- things happened! I had sold a condo and moved into a bigger place. I had been promoted to a director at work and now had 3 people that reported into me. I had turned in my Jetta for an SUV that could actually fit 2 carseats. I had gone from having credit card debt to living debt free with some money in the bank and a healthy retirement account. I had lost my grandma. But in her honor, I had perfected her pie crust. I had created life. Twice. I had grown confident as a mother. My brother had gotten married. My brother and his wife were now expecting! I had gone from a size 6, to a size 8 to maternity clothes to a size 4. I had run a marathon! I had learned that I was much stronger than I ever realized. I was reminded over and over again what a wonderful family I came from and that I have the best girlfriends in the world. A lot had gone down in the past 4 years, and in some way it made me feel curious about what was to come..almost excited. Where would I be 4 years from now? What did life have in store for me? I didn't know the answer yet, but I knew that it could only get better from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment