Tuesday, May 14, 2013

16 : Relish in the Compliments

During my LOA (see post #6) I was going to yoga pretty regularly (see post #9).  One day, after class the instructor came up to me and said she remembered me from a few years ago.  She didn't know what I had been doing, who I had been 'training' with, but said I looked great!

WHO HAVE I BEEN TRAINING WITH?  Kim Crawford, that's who!  You see my husband abandoned me and our two children so I haven't been eating...

Oh the things I could have said.  I almost laughed out loud, knowing how uncomfortable I could make her feel with my response.  But it was just a compliment.  I needed to embrace it.  It was probably going to be the best part of my day and possibly even the best part of my week. It's funny how someone who knows nothing about you, can make your day with such a small comment.  I thanked her, because the compliment meant more to me than she even realized.  Relish in the compliments.  It doesn't get much better than that.


No comments:

Post a Comment