Wednesday, May 22, 2013

24 : Make a Delicious Meal

A few years ago, I took a cooking class with my mom and sister.  One of the items we made were mussels.  I have always loved mussels but was intimidated at the thought of making them at home.  When I made them during the cooking class, I realized it wasn't all that hard.  I vowed to cook them again at home sometime.  And I really meant to. But as it happens, life always seemed to be too hectic and I defaulted to something quicker and easier.  Then, one weekend, I was at the grocery story and I saw mussels.  Why not?  I picked them up, got a loaf of good crusty bread and a nice bottle of sauvignon blanc.  After all, if I didn't have a partner to spoil me anymore, I might as well spoil myself.  I checked out a few different recipes and was quickly reminded how incredibly easy it was to make mussels.  And did I mention delicious?  Making something special for myself felt good.  I got to enjoy the act of cooking as well as the end product.  I could still cook.  I could still appreciate a good meal and a glass of wine.  How much more did I really need right now?


No comments:

Post a Comment